Interview Check List
We’re thrilled to have you share your wisdom and stories on The Goldstein on Gelt Show. Our interviews have been heard hundreds of thousands of times, so it’s important to make sure that we get everything right.
Here is a quick checklist with everything you need to know:
- The interview usually lasts about ten to twelve minutes, and that time passes very quickly, so we can’t dwell on any one topic too much.
- Your appearance is meant to be a chat with Doug, not a speech, so you don’t have to have long answers. Instead, imagine that you’re sitting down in a café and schmoozing with a friend. Think “conversation,” not “monologue.”
- The conversation is pre-recorded, which means that if there are problems during the discussion, our engineer can cut them out. In general, however, we do not edit the interviews, so prepare in advance what you want to say.
- We do all interviews on Zencastr.com. Zencastr is very easy to use. Using your Chrome or Firefox browser, you will simply go to a website that Doug will provide before the interview and conduct the interview through that site. Zencastr requires a computer, and will not work on a cell phone or tablet. The sound quality with Zencastr has proven to be far superior to both Skype and phones. We do not do interviews with guests on their cell phones, so if you don’t have access to a computer that can use Zencastr, make sure you have a land-line that we can call, which is the backup method if guests don’t have computer access. Doug’s Skype address is dougiefresh1, so be sure to accept him as a contact so he can contact you before the interview. In general, if Skype works on your computer, then Zencastr will work, too. Click here for instructions to check your Skype connection.
- Use a USB headset. Sound quality is dramatically improved when guests use a USB headset. If you don’t have one, it’s worth getting one, not only for this interview, but you’ll probably really enjoy having it in the future.
- The interviews are audio only, so you don’t need a video camera.
Last minute before the interview:
- Check your Skype connection using the instructions above.
- Turn off your mobile phone.
- Look around to make sure you’re in a quiet place.
- Get a glass of water.
- Write down any last minute speaking points you may want to mention. You should not type while you are being interviewed…the clicking gets picked up by the microphone.
- Take a deep breath and get ready for a good time!
We’re excited to have you join our list of amazing guests, and we want to make sure that your interview sounds as good as possible.
If you have any questions or problems, please be in touch with our producer, Yoram Ohana (firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-888-327-6179,ext. 4 or from Israel 02-624-2788, ext. 4).